TipNiques - Roasted Garlic

I love garlic. 

One time, when I was in San Francisco, I tried desperately to get all of my colleagues to agree to go this restaurant, The Stinking Rose, which was dedicated to garlic menu items.

Alas, no one agreed.


HOT TIP: If you have a lot of garlic, break the head apart by slamming it on the counter, and toss into a closed container and shake vigorously to remove the skins. 






BUT my special favorite way of cooking garlic, is just by roasting them. 

  • Heads of garlic
  • Olive Oil
  • Foil



  • Either trim the top off of a head of garlic, or cut it across the middle so you have two pieces
  • Then drizzle the exposed bulbs with olive oil
  • Wrap in foil
  • Roast at 400* for 40 minutes
  • Once soft, you can just squeeze the garlic out


HOT TIP: Instead of keeping your oven on high heat for so long for such a small dish, I definitely keep my toaster oven around just for things like this. It preheats more quickly, too, and doesn't heat up the whole house. 

I even bought a toaster oven for my parents, to help with their electric bill in their small house, and they didn't need to cook as much at one time once my sister and I moved out. 


No shame here, I took roasted onions and garlic and put on cheese and crackers... ya know, for quality control. ;) 

I have not tried making black garlic yet, but one day I will.

Comments