Recipe - Maple Bourbon Pecan French Toast

    Since I did the written and video review of the Jordan's Skinny Mixes, I have used them in coffees a lot. And I also made an icy pina colada. But, it occurred to me, that I could probably use the syrups in cooking as well. Keep reading for 3 easy recipes. 

Pina Colada Recipe:

  • 4 oz Pina Colada Jordan's Skinny Syrup
  • 2 oz Rum
  • 2 cups of ice
  • Put in blender and mix until smooth, makes 2-3 drinks


    After I reviewed protein pancake mixes, I flavored some of the Aunt Maple's Pancake and Waffle Mix with Sugar Free Mrs. Butterworth's syrup, and cooked up a chicken patty, to have an AWESOME sweet and savory chicken and waffles breakfast sandwich


    So, today, I thought I could make some french toast with some flavor built in, so that I did not need to add syrup separately, and mess up the nice, crispy texture of the bread. And have another great-textured breakfast!

Maple Bourbon Pecan French Toast Recipe:
  • 1 egg
  • 10tbs egg beaters / liquid egg product
  • 2tbs Jordan's Skinny Syrups Maple Bourbon Pecan 
  • 6 slices of bread
  • Whisk together eggs, egg product and syrup 
  • Heat skillet and spray with non-stick spray
  • Dredge bread in the egg mixture and add to hot pan until brown on both sides
  • Let cool with air circulating on a baking grate, so condensation does not make your french toast soggy
  • Add butter and/or toasted bacon pieces


10/10 - will make again! 

    Now that I have tried this successfully, I am thinking that peanut butter cup syrup that I did not care for in drinks? That might make a GREAT pancake flavoring. Nice way save calories, be sugar-free and diet food but still get the flavors I love.

Comments