Recipe - Squash Bake

 

I like yellow squash, but there can be a certain point in the season when you just are NOT sure what to do with it. My kids do not always like to just be served sauteed or roasted or air-fried vegetables. 

We have to get creative, dress it up a bit!

First, I thinly sliced the squash and lightly sprinkled it with salt and left it to drain. 

This is the best Mandoline I've ever owned (it's not just me, I bought it after researching for ages and finally seeing it in action on America's Test Kitchen, the $40 pricetag is pretty good). If you don't want something as versatile as that, with changeable blades and variable depth, Oxo also has a lower, cheaper, handheld mandoline model with fewer options at only $16. 

Once drained, I sprayed a baking dish with butter spray, then layered the squash with grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder and another shot of butter spray. The top layer was grated parmesan.

Bake at 305*F for around 20 minutes, or until the the cheese is browning. 

There were no leftovers... sadly. ;) 


Comments