Recipe - Baked Candy Apples

What to do with a large bag of apples? 

What? NO!?!?! You can't put them on your head and shoot arrows at them! 
Just STAY SAFE and turn them into dessert! 


I do not usually peel my apples before eating them, but I do when making this dish. 
Rather than removing the skin by hand, I pulled out my peeler, corer, slicer to do the job.
I love gadgets, but I have to admit, this is one of the ones that I use the least. Is there something else I could be using it for? Because waiting for me to want to cook apples instead of eat them fresh can take awhile. 


Once I got my apples cut up, I left them mostly whole. I think the slice is a great way to absorb the sauce throughout and cook evenly. I tucked raisins and nuts into the center of each one. 

For the sauce, I just used a couple tablespoons of melted butter and around half a cup of brown sugar, with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and stirred it in a pan on med-low heat until the sugar dissolved.

I know most easy caramel sauce recipes will have you add cream or milk, but for this recipe, it is definitely not needed.



I poured the sauce on top and put it in the oven at 350* for about 15 minutes. Check to see when the apples have gotten soft. 

This is great served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Comments